Igreja do Carmo or Igreja da Venerável Ordem Terceira de Nossa Senhora do Carmo, is located at the intersection of Praça Carlos Alberto and Rua do Carmo, near the Igreja and Torre dos Clérigos, at Victoria district, city of Porto. Both Baroque and Rococo style, it was built in the second half of the eighteenth century, between 1756 and 1768, by Ordem Terceira do Carmo, and the project architect was José Figueiredo Seixas. The construction of the hospital will have been completed later, in 1801. This church is twinned with the Igreja dos Carmelitas, the west side, forming a single volume, though differing the two churches and it was classified as a National Monument in May 3rd, 2013, together with the adjacent Igreja dos Carmelitas. The freestone facade, richly crafted, has a rectangular portal, flanked by two religious sculptures of the prophets Elijah and Elisha sculpted in Italy, surmounted by a large pediment and the upper body of facades, gables and sculptures of figures of the four Evangelists, revealing influences of the “Italian baroque” style created by Nicolau Nasoni. The side facade of the Igreja do Carmo is covered by a great panel of tiles, depicting scenes of the founding history of the Carmelite Order and Mount Carmel. The composition was designed by Silvestre Silvestri, painted by Carlos Branco and executed in the factories of Senhor do Além e da Torrinha, in Vila Nova de Gaia, and dated 1912. Inside Igreja do Carmo, there is the highlighted gilded carving at the side chapels and in the main altar, there are the statues and several oil paintings.